Our deep understanding of prudential regulation helps financial institutions manage regulatory change, including the Banking Executive Accountability Regime (BEAR) and the Financial Accountability Regime (FAR). We also provide independent review services as required by APRA.
Advice and independent reviews
- New licence and restructure of existing licence application advice – providing guidance to new applicants seeking a banking licence.
- CPS 220 Comprehensive risk management framework review – undertaking independent reviews to regulated entities required to undertake a risk management framework review every three years.
- APS 220 independent credit risk management review – undertaking reviews to meet APRA’s requirement for a regular independent review of the ADI’s credit origination, assessment and approval and management functions.
- Independent reviews – tripartite and other independent reviews commissioned to meet regulatory requirements
- Regulatory review preparation and engagement planning
Framework design and implementation – we provide advice and support to help regulated firms meeting their accountability obligations, from initial design through to continued enhancement and embedding across the organisation.
Communication and stakeholder engagement – we work with Boards and executive teams to build practical understanding of accountabilities, responsibilities and what it takes to operationalise accountability regimes.
Scenario analysis workshops – we partner with firms to develop and facilitate workshops that test the design of accountabilities under scenarios that are relevant to business mix, operations and structure.
Reasonable steps and effectiveness reviews – we support firms in demonstrating reasonable steps by designing and refining methodologies, conducting reviews and assessing how accountability works in practice at different levels within the firm.